KWA Christie Xian Zhen
Christie Kwa is a Partner in the Corporate department.
Christie graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LLB(Hons) degree in 2004 and was admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2005. She joined Lee & Lee as an Associate in 2005 and was made a Partner in 2012.
Christie’s scope of practice includes:
- Advising on mergers and acquisitions. Significant work in this area include acting for a company listed in Singapore in the acquisition of the remaining stake in its subsidiary for consideration that included the issue of new shares and convertible notes.
- Advising on corporate finance such as rights issues and private placements.
- Advising on stock exchange practice and procedures and general corporate secretarial matters for companies listed on the SGX-ST, including advising on the continuing listing requirements, corporate disclosure and corporate governance matters under the SGX-ST Listing Rules.
- Advising on private equity investments, including subscription and shareholders’ agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Advising on regulatory issues under the Securities and Futures Act and the Insurance Act and assisting companies with their applications for capital markets services licences under the Securities and Futures Act and insurance registration under the Insurance Act.