CHIA Ying Jing
CHIA Ying Jing
Ying Jing is a Partner in the Corporate Department of Lee & Lee. She graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2014 with Second Class (Upper Division) Honours. After graduating, she joined Lee & Lee as a trainee in 2015 and was admitted to the Singapore bar as an advocate and solicitor in the same year. She was made a Partner in 2023.
Ying Jing handles a variety of corporate matters, including public and private mergers and acquisitions (including takeovers, delistings and privatisations), capital markets (including IPOs and RTOs), joint ventures, securities law, stock exchange practice, corporate governance and corporate secretarial matters.
Some of the work she has been involved in include:
- Acting for Koufu Group Limited in the voluntary offer by Dominus Capital Pte. Ltd.;
- Acting for GP Batteries International Limited in the voluntary offer by GP Industries Limited;
- Acting for Nobel Design Holdings Ltd in the mandatory takeover offer by Grand Slam RF18 Investments Pte. Ltd.;
- Acting for Viking Offshore and Marine Limited in connection with its placement and share consolidation;
- Acting for JEP Holdings Ltd. in connection with its rights issue and share consolidation;
- Acting for a non-Singapore incorporated issuer in its proposed initial public offering on the Mainboard of the SGX-ST;
- Advising listed companies in relation to their on-going matters such as legal and regulatory compliance, annual general meetings, and announcement requirements; and
- Advising private companies in the sale and purchase of shares and assets, joint ventures, entry of shareholders’ agreements, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
Ying Jing is fluent in English and Mandarin (oral and written).
Admissions and Awards
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Recipient, National University of Singapore Law Faculty Award (2010 – 2014)
- Recipient, National University of Singapore Law Dean’s List (AY 2010 – 2011)