CHEE Chin Wi
Chin Wi is a Partner in the Corporate Department of Lee & Lee.
Prior to joining Lee & Lee, he was an Assistant General Counsel in a leading telecommunications operator in Singapore, a Senior Legal Director at the Singapore-based international headquarters of a publicly traded Chinese real estate developer, and a Partner at another leading law practice in Singapore.
Chin Wi represents clients on a wide spectrum of transactions such as mergers and acquisitions (including public takeovers and “take privates”), equity capital market deals and other corporate transactions. His transactional highlights include:-
- Advising Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited in its capacity as sole financial adviser to CapitaLand Commercial Trust Management Limited (as manager of CapitaLand Commercial Trust) in the proposed merger of CapitaLand Mall Trust and CapitaLand Commercial Trust, with a total portfolio property value of approximately S$22.9 billion
- Advising Bank of America Merrill Lynch in relation to the trust scheme between ESR-Reit and Viva Industrial Trust, resulting in combined assets valued at approximately S$3.0 billion
- Advising Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited in its capacity as sole financial adviser to Singapore Press Holdings Limited in relation to the voluntary general offer by Keppel Corporation Limited and Singapore Press Holdings Limited for the shares in M1 Limited, which valued the target at approximately S$1.9 billion
- Advising joint financial advisers Citibank, Credit Suisse and OCBC in the proposed merger of OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust and OUE Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust (together with OUE Hospitality Business Trust) by way of a trust scheme of arrangement, involving total assets of about $6.8 billion
- Advising Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited in its capacity as financial adviser to PanAsia Health Limited in relation to the takeover of Health Management International Ltd by way of scheme of arrangement, which valued the target at approximately S$611 million
- Advising OUE Limited, Finnegan Investments Limited and Mackmoor Pte. Ltd. in the sale of shares related to the holding companies of five-star hotel Marina Mandarin Singapore to entities controlled by United Industrial Corporation Limited and the UOL Group, with a transaction value of approximately S$675 million
Chin Wi graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2005. He also serves as a council member of the Bukit Timah Seu Teck Sean Tong Temple, and as a director in its medical services division.