Yan Chongshuo is a Partner in the firm’s Intellectual Property Department. He graduated from Singapore Management University with an L.L.B. (Cum Laude) in 2015 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2016.
Chongshuo’s practice experience covers both contentious intellectual property and general commercial disputes at all levels of the dispute resolution process, as well as corporate and advisory work in the intellectual property, data privacy, regulatory compliance, and technology, media, and telecommunications fields. Chongshuo is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (Asia) (CIPP/A) of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
His representative experience includes:
- Advising on the IP and TMT aspects of cross-border M&A transactions;
- Advising an international health services and products company on its global privacy compliance program;
- Advising a leading international technology company on comprehensive regulatory compliance matters relating to the market launch of flagship IT products in Singapore;
- Advising and acting for an international luxury goods distributor in responding to a cybersecurity incident and making representations to the Personal Data Protection Commission;
- Advising government and statutory bodies on various corporate and intellectual property matters;
- Handling contentious trade mark and passing off disputes for government statutory bodies;
- Successfully acting for a leading asset manager in resisting a stay of proceedings application relating to a claim under a long-term investment plan by a former investment professional. The case was heard by the Appellate Division of the High Court and involved novel issues relating to the application of the extended Fiona Trust principle in Singapore (Allianz Capital Partners GmbH, Singapore Branch v Andress Goh  SGHC(A) 18); and
- Acting for a motor accident victim in a multi-million-dollar personal injury claim, which culminated in a favourable settlement with the counterparty and their insurer.