Litigation & Dispute Resolution
TAN Jin Yong
Jin Yong is a Partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution department.
Jin Yong graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2013. After graduating, he joined Lee & Lee, and was admitted to the Singapore bar in August 2014. He was made Partner in January 2021.
Jin Yong specialises in both contentious and non-contentious construction matters. He has advised and acted for employers, consultants, main contractors, and subcontractors in both public and private projects.
He is also a mediator accredited by the Singapore Mediation Centre.
Some of his reported cases include:
- China Railway No 5 Engineering Group Co Ltd Singapore Branch v Zhao Yang Geotechnic Pte Ltd  5 SLR 422 – Acted for the Applicant in successfully setting aside an adjudication determination under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (“the SOP Act”). In the adjudication proceedings, the Respondent had initially managed to recover the performance bond proceeds received by the Applicant.
- Lim Beng Nga and another v Yat Guan Pte Ltd and others  SGHC 54 – Acted for the 3rd and 7th Defendants in successfully dismissing the Plaintiffs’ application to invalidate an extraordinary general meeting, and to stop certain share transfers.
- Trustee of the estate of Tay Choon Huat, deceased v Soon Kiat Construction & Maintenance Pte Ltd  SGHC 212 – Acted for the Applicant in successfully setting aside an adjudication determination under the SOP Act.
- ATK Pte Ltd v ATL Pte Ltd  SCAdjR 545 – Acted for the Claimant in an adjudication application under the SOP Act who was successful in all its claims.
- ATQ Pte Ltd v ATR (Pte) Ltd  SCAdjR 60 – Acted for the Respondent in successfully dismissing the entire adjudication application under the SOP Act.