Corporate & Commercial
The corporate commercial team at Lee & Lee provides a comprehensive range of public and private corporate commercial legal services to a wide base of local and international clients coming from diverse industry sectors including financial institutions, world leading corporations as well as smaller and medium sized enterprises. In growing with our international client base, our corporate commercial team often works closely with reputable law firms in multiple jurisdictions to provide the necessary cross-border transactional advice that our clients require.
Lee & Lee is active in local and regional joint ventures, share and asset acquisitions and disposals, corporate re-organisations, privatisations, mergers, schemes of reconstruction and amalgamation, capital reductions, private placements and equity investments. We also advise corporations and private individuals on various investment structures as well as on the various modes of securities offerings, and generally on investments and divestments, of both assets and securities.
Our expertise in corporate commercial legal work caters to an extensive range of corporate transactions, which includes the following: -
- E-business transactions including advice on regulatory and multi-jurisdictional issues
- Shareholders’ and joint venture agreements for local and foreign parties
- Private equity investments and venture capital work
- Infrastructure projects including power plant, water supply and telecommunications projects
- Comprehensive corporate secretarial services for private, public and publicly-listed companies
- Incorporation services and setting up of branches of foreign companies
- Debt restructuring and insolvency
- Sales, distributorship and supply arrangements
- Agency and partnership arrangements
- Hotel management and technical assistance agreements
- Employment and immigration matters, including stock options and other incentive schemes
- Support services for commercial and corporate disputes
- Due diligence
- Sale and purchase of businesses and assets
- Supply of goods and services - terms and conditions of trade, franchising, supply and distributorship arrangements, reseller arrangements, contracting and outsourcing
- General commercial advice
Some of the more notable and complex corporate transactions we have provided advice on include:-
- Acting for the financing consortium for the approximately S$200 million Singapore Flyer project, a giant observation wheel attraction (akin to the London Eye).
- Acting in a joint venture to build a US$135 million to US$220 million bulk liquid terminal on one of the regional islands used for refinery purposes.
- Acting for a listed company on the Jakarta Stock Exchange, in its S$167 million joint venture to develop a 270 hectare township in Jakarta.
- Acting for various private equity funds and venture capital firms in numerous investments in Singapore companies and start-ups.
- Acting for certain interested bidders in Singapore’s proposed Integrated Resorts in Sentosa and Marina Bay.
- Acting for contractors to secure a S$1 billion aerospace defence contract.
- Acting for a worldwide media corporation in its licensing arrangements and sale of media products.
- Acting for the boards of various Singapore listed companies in minority shareholders’ disputes.
- Acting for educational institutions in joint venture with government authorities to establish world class tertiary institutions.
For further information, please contact:
Lun Chee Leong
Song Ruoh Jin
Chan Yu Meng