About Kok Seng TOH
Toh Kok Seng is a Senior Partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution and the Intellectual Property departments. Kok Seng graduated from the University of Singapore in 1988. After graduating, he joined Lee & Lee, and was admitted to the Singapore bar in 1989. In 1996, he was made a Partner. In 2002, he was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, and also became a registered patent agent.
Kok Seng handles a vast variety of litigation work with particular emphasis on property and personal injury claims, intellectual property, and strata title law and practice. Some of his work included: -
- acting as lead counsel in the first and second patent infringement and revocation cases to be fully argued in the Singapore High Court.
- acting as lead counsel in the first reported design case under the Singapore Registered Designs Act.
- acting for the Public Prosecutor in the prosecution of criminal offences under the Copyright Act and Trade Marks Act.
- advising and representing a number of insurance companies.
- advising and representing a number of management corporations, owners' associations and managing agents in Singapore. He was invited by the Parliamentary Select Committee on the Building Maintenance and Management Bill to give evidence. A number of his proposals were accepted and implemented in the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act.
- acting for various parties in strata disputes.
- acting for both majority and minority owners in contested collective sale applications before the Strata Titles Board.
- 65574 619