About Michelle TAN
Michelle is a Partner in Lee & Lee’s Corporate department.
She is qualified to practise law in several jurisdictions including England & Wales, Singapore and Gibraltar.
Michelle has been in legal practice since 1998 and joined Lee & Lee in 2000. In 2003, she left Singapore and practised as a solicitor in Gibraltar. She returned to Lee & Lee in 2005.
Her scope of practice includes:
- Advising on debt capital markets transactions. Examples of significant transactions in which she has been involved include:
- Acting for an international serviced residence owner-operator in the establishment of a S$1billion multicurrency medium term note programme listed on the SGX-ST
- Acting for an international financial institution as arranger of a S$1 billion multicurrency medium term note programme guaranteed by a major transport operator listed on the SGX-ST
- Acting for a listed property development, engineering and construction company in the establishment of its S$500 million multicurrency medium term note programme
- Acting in the issue of S$225 million fixed rate notes and S$400 million fixed and floating rate notes listed on the SGX-ST which were guaranteed by an established property and investment holding company listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advising on other matters relating to debt securities, calling of bondholders’ meetings, early redemption of bonds, substitution and discharge of security.
- Advising companies listed on the SGX-ST and issuers of debt securities listed on the SGX-ST of their compliance obligations and other regulatory requirements under the Listing Rules of the SGX-ST.
- Advising companies on corporate and commercial matters.
Michelle has experience as a litigation counsel and has also advised on matters relating to adoption.
Michelle hopes to serve the needy through her pro-bono efforts, especially in the area of adoption and child-protection.
- 65574 830